Saturday, March 13, 2010

1st quarter report/Dealing with it

Sometime last year, I came up with a brilliant idea. It was a scheme to secure myself steady income for one year, and along the way to develop a great deal of press and publicity.
I committed myself to the creation of 52 works of art, 1 per week, to sell on Ebay to the highest bidder. It was a real gamble, but I felt confident that the rewards would outweigh the risks.
Now, one fourth of the way through the project, I am pausing to redouble my efforts and to catch up. I still have faith that this is a blockbuster experiment, destined to carve me a notch on the handle of art history, but I have to admit, it's been a lot less fun than I'd expected.
At an average price of around $100, and an average of 2 days effort to build, the whole thing has become sort of a drain on my time and budget. To complicate matters, I've fallen behind a few weeks in the creation of the cards, to the point where now I need make several at once to catch up and go forward. The final creations are mounted between 2 specific frames that I've had to scour Brooklyn to locate enough of.
During the course of the next week, I will post an ongoing series of updates while I make the following 5 cards: 5 of Hearts, 5 of Diamonds, 8 of Spades, 8 of Clubs, and the King of Hearts.
Whoever holds the best hand at the end of the game will receive the Joker card for free as a trophy. I will resume the auctions on Ebay as soon as I complete these 5 cards. Thanks everyone thusfar for playing!

No comments: