Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Bit the Bullet/working for the man

Recently, faced with the realization that I needed money, I found myself searching Craigslist for a job.
It's been a long time since I've had one, and the thought of it is hard to swallow.
The closest thing to freedom that we're allowed to achieve comes with owning our own hours. It's one of the few indulgences in life to which I've committed myself, and in this aspect, I've been spoiled enviably.
Only making art always: that's my ideal, and it's the life that I live.
Of course, making my own art is what I love most. It's the reason I exist. I am my own boss.
The only job I could ever stand would be making artwork for somebody else whose artwork I respect.
Well, this comes close: I've joined Artist Tony Matelli in his Brooklyn studio, and am eager to learn from the experience.
Tony's Work

No comments: