Friday, October 30, 2009

1-Year Anniversary/Manhattan Project

One Year Ago this week, the world sat wondering what the upcoming election would bring.
I was promoting a new kind of artwork I had created to describe the election. This was the first time I had ever made a mosaic, and my medium was chopped coins.
This piece was shared heavily online, and I moved on to develop more work from the same materials. It's hard to believe the difference a year can make.
Now, after being stored privately for the last 12 months, I bring this historic piece of art back into the public arena, in the heart of Manhattan, to a new pub on the border of Chelsea and the West Village.
The place is called "Bunga's Den", and it's located at 137 W. 14th St.
Closest train station is 14th St./6th Ave. (1-2-3-F-V-L)
The work, "Obama Vs McCain", will be on display indefinitely, as will "Wall St. Stop", which was the 2nd work I made using chopped coins.
It mimics the subway mosiacs in the city, and was built in reaction to the stock market crash last September.
Anybody in the NYC area should stop by, have a drink, and check out the art.