Monday, March 16, 2009

AMERICAN DREAM? (work in progress)

Here's the interview I did today on CNN.


If this player doesn't work, click HERE

Other than an irrelevant Q & A with an expert on jobseeking, the interview went well and I am hoping it will be the first of many future TV appearances. I used the opportunity to unveil my current work in progress. It's a toilet made out of diecast toy cars.
I bought the cars from Craigslist NYC.
The basic framework is made from steel wire.
The work is inspired by a janitorial gig in Manhattan that I've recently fallen into.
And also by the recent difficulty that the automobile industry has been experiencing.
Is our economy crumbling, or simply awakening from a stupor?
What was wrong with the old American Dream of working hard for hard-earned money?
Who decided that fast, easy money, was what we wanted instead, and lots of it? Was it our founding-fathers' intention to set the stage for us all to become selfish and lazy at the expense of the rest of the world?
It seems like we have enough cars. Maybe we need to focus on making something else.
The world can always use more toilets.
to be continued...

No comments: