Wednesday, November 5, 2008

WHEW!/others

NOW......................................THEN

This victory for intelligence represents the beginning of a new era in the direction of my art. Whereas most work I've made in the last 8 years has reflected frustrations I've felt towards my country and its actions, now the doorway is open to make triumphant, hopeful images instead. I am excited for the world. What a relief.

Two other artists came to my attention during the promotion of my own work, both extremely different, but of the same vein, using actual money to depict the President. Perhaps a new genre has been birthed. History being made...

"Change" by Andy Magee

"Barack" by Jim Kelly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a pleasure it is to see work like yours. and the sense of process,progress,vitality,originality
you are something else. i have added your site to my list of favorites. thankyou and keep up the good work you are amazing.